Location: 1 Guildhall Square
Salary: £39,739 to £50,296 per annum
Full Time Fixed Term for 12 months
Closing Date: Monday 04 October 2021
Interview Date: See advert
As part of the Network Services team, you will be supporting the delivery of the Cyber Security Network Segmentation project into the operational data centre networking infrastructure, which is an essential component of University core operations.
About the role
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate resourcefulness, initiative and understand the value of delivering reliable and stable services with clear and concise documentation. You will be working as part of a team of highly motivated individuals who are committed to achieving deadlines and customer satisfaction.
What you’ll do
- Take a leading role in the Cyber Security Network Segmentation project, aimed at making our data centre networking infrastructure more secure, under a wider programme of Cyber Security workstreams.
- Use automation capabilities where possible to simplify the provisioning of networking to support traffic flows between data centre services and clients.
- Deliver training and handover programmes to internal colleagues for operational support.
What you’ll bring
- Experience delivering and working with some of the following:
- Network design
- Thorough understanding of Internet and routing protocols
- Experience in enterprise and data centre networking products
- Experience in high capacity, next-generation firewalling
- Authentication and NAC products, such as Cisco ISE
- Network segmentation products, such as VMWare NSX, Cisco ACI
- Experience of automating processes and infrastructure delivery?
- The ability to present your ideas and your specialist area to a wide and potentially non-technical audience.
This post is offered on a full-time, fixed term basis for 12 months. Interviews will be held on 11th October 2021.
The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance (30+ days), defined benefit pension, flexitime and flexible working, generous parental leave and childcare provision. For more information on our benefits, please visit our human resources pages
At the University of Southampton, we are committed to our strategic principles of collegiality, quality, sustainability and global reputation. The University is committed to addressing equality issues and is a founding signatory of the Athena SWAN Charter, holding a silver-level Athena SWAN award.
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Kate Pounds (HR Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 4043 or email email@example.com Please quote reference 1498021JF on all correspondence.
Read More:Senior Network Engineer job with UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON | 265801